Thursday, September 9, 2010

Safe Arrival

After twenty some hours of travel, and three kitty tranquilizers, (Tommy was considering a double dose himself), we arrived safely in Stockholm. The highlight of our excursion was an outburst of meows from Kalvin (our unlucky cat), announcing he was done, going to grab his two beers and take the shut. At a lose for what to do, in desperation, I lifted him from his box, and tried to comfort him on my lap. Everyone on the plane was trying to sleep and we had already exceeded the vets maximum amount of kitty tranquilizers.

It took about three minutes, and suddenly a half dozen passengers scattered in the rear of the plane(that's where all passengers with animals HAVE TO SIT, even if you are a platinum traveler and have flown around the world seven times in the last week. " You have pet, you sit by toilet in back of plane.") came down with the worst cold of their lives. Hacking, coughing ,sneezing, I was suddenly worried we were breathing bad air. ( OK, I know I am slow!)Then it dawned on me, I never knew so many people had cat allergies! And why would the airline seat them in the cat section? I was horrified I had made so many people uncomfortable! AS I jammed Kalvin back in his cat box , my husband was hysterical with laughter.

So Kalvin did not enjoy the flight, along with the other passengers. But we made it! On arrival, our realtor met us, to be sure there was only one cat! And we had the pleasure of inventorying the condition and contents of the apartment. Exactly what you need after twenty hours of travel! One thing we immediately noticed, all the lights had been removed from the apartment. It was dark, luckily our realtor had a flashlight! So our first task could be completed and with a clear direction of what we wanted to accomplish our next day-lighting we ended our first night. As Johanna left us it became very dark and we both quietly realized we were in for quite an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment